EHPA Heat Pump Statistics 2006 - Evaluation
- The quality of statistical data provided from fifteen European countries differs considerably. Only eight countries can provide (more or less) reliable statistics.
- No official data from Southern Europe are available at all. A major problem for these countries is to draw a distinction between reversible HPs primarily used for heating purposes and air-conditioners with heat pump function. Some million air-conditioners with heat pump function predominantly used for cooling purposes in Southern Europe are disregarded in this statistics.
- Total sales of space heating HPs (see Table): Over 307.000 units (including heat recovery and reversible HPs, excluding tap water only HPs).
- Increase of sales vs 2004 of the most important markets (excluding Greece, Italy, Spain): 16% in average. Strongest market increase to register in Finland (76%).
- Sweden is further on the clearly dominating market. However, the market increase declined remarkable from 47% (2003/04) to only 1% (2004/05): Over 100.000 units sold in 2005, 61% of them heating only HPs (mostly brine/water HPs; including heat recovery HPs).
- Heating only: Ground source HPs are still the dominating systems in many countries. However, air-to-water systems show stronger increase.
- Reversible HPs (air-source HPs predominantly used for heating purposes) are the dominating system in Finland (76%) and play a strong role also in Sweden (39%).
- D-A-CH countries: Obviously not yet a remarkable market for reversible HPs
- Joint efforts to improve reliability and completeness of data are required.
- Major inaccurateness of statistical data imply the categories "heat recovery HPs" and "reversible HPs"
- Main emphasis is to be placed on Southern European countries and information concerning stock of installed systems.
Please contact info[at]ehpa.org