Issue L53 of the journal publishes the final version of the
- Directive 2010/30/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council of 19 May 2010 on the indication by labelling and standard product information of the consumption of energy and other resources by energy-related products
- Directive 2010/31/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council of 19 May 2010 on the energy performance of buildings.
The "Labelling" Directive is in force immediately, the EPBD will come into force on the 8.7.2010.
Both Directive have to be transposed into national law by Member States. The Member States must execute this transposition by 20.6.2011 for the Labelling Directive.
Transposition of EPBD follows a separate schedule applicable to the different parts of the Directive. First deadline adoption and publishing of laws, regulations, administrative provisions related to Articles 2-18, 20 and 27 is the 9.7.2012. Application of the rules must be done by
- 9. January 2013 for provisions related to Articles 2, 3, 9, 11, 12, 13, 17, 18, 20 and 27 of the Directive
- 9. January 2013 for all public buildings addressed in Articles 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 14, 15 and 16 and to other buildings from 9 July 2013,
- Application of Article 12(1) and (2) may be deferred to 31. December 2015 for rented units.