WHEN: 14 June 2017, 08.00 to 09.30 am
WHERE: European Parliament
We are pleased to invite you to a breakfast debate hosted by Bendt Bendtsen, MEP of the EPP Group and member of the ITRE Committee. This is the first event in a sequel on consumer engagement and on the important role of consumers in the European energy transition. It is jointly organised by EHPA and eu.bac.
Purchasing decisions can be influenced so that consumers opt for more energy efficient products. Examples from the academic perspective, industry and small-medium enterprises will be discussed so as to show what are the challenges and how they can be overcome so that we successfully bring consumers on board for increasing energy efficiency in buildings.
- 07h50 Registration desk opens
- 08h00 Welcome and introduction by Bendt Bendtsen MEP, Member of the Committee on Industry, Research and Energy (ITRE), President of SME Europe
- 08h05 The Human dimension Of Energy Efficiency: Why is this Important? By Thomas Nowak, Secretary General Of the European Heat Pump Association
- 08h10 Heating and Cooling Strategy: What does it mean for Europe, Claudia Canevari, Deputy Head of unit Energy Efficiency, DG Energy, EU Commission
- 08h20 Influencing Consumer Purchasing Decisions in Favour of Low Carbon Heat by Dr. Stephen Worrall, EON
- 08h35 Stimulating Curiosity Through Benefits, Creating Connections Between Technologies and Sharing Experiences by Luca Gorno, Daikin Italy
- 08h45 The Views of Construction SMEs and Installers by Riccardo Viaggi, European Builders Confederation EBC
- 08h55 Discussion
- 09h25 Conclusion by Elisabetta Gardini MEP, Committee on the Environment, Public , Health and Food Safety (ENVI), Vice President of SME Europe
- 09h30 End of The Meeting