Show your quality product to the end-consumer
If you are a heat pump manufacturer, it is very easy to get the EHPA Quality Label. Below you can find in short the steps you have to take.
If you apply for the first time:
- Get your single unit or model range tested at one of the EHPA recognised test centres. In order to know if your different units can be part of a model range, please check our document, which defines sets out the requirements of a model range. In case you want to apply for a range of heat pumps in which each model is an assembly of two identical single heat pump models of the same model range (twin model range), please consult our addendum.
- Apply at the national quality label commission in one of the participating countries of your choice. You can find the application document in the right-hand column.
- The national quality label commission will assess the application and will grant the label for that specific country if the unit fulfills the quality requirements.
- Once the label is granted, you will receive the official certificate and the label to be printed for putting it on the units. The label then may also be used for marketing purposes. Attention: this may only be used in the country where the label has been granted!
If you want to have your unit labelled in several countries:
After you have been granted the original label ("parent certificate"), then you can immeditaly apply to have your unit labelled in different countries. Therefore you need to contact the national quality label commissions in the countries where you want to have the label. You should provide them with:
- The "parent certificate", which is the label of the first country where you have applied
- The additional national requirements, which need to be fulfilled
The application document can be found on your right side.
Attention: the validity of the labels corresponds with the validity period of the original parent certificate.
If you want to renew your label:
The EHPA Quality Label is valid for 3 years. It is possible to renew the validity of the label for another 3 years. This can be done maximum twice. The EHPA recognised test centres will demand a retest when they see the need for it, e.g. when a specific component has been replaced, which can have a significant impact on the overall performance. Please find the application document for a renewal here.