Interview of Francesco Starace CEO of Enel, the Italian power utility with EURACTIV.
- Renewables are “clear winner of the cost per kilowatt hour battle”
- Carbon neutrality in power sector achievable “certainly earlier than 2050”
- After coal, gas also is being phased out
- E.ON split was “a bet”, companies should focus on “useful part” of their legacy assets
- EU’s EPS 550 rule is “the wrong battle”, won’t drive investments
- P2P “important” but only a small part of the value chain
For the full article please click here