EHPA's integrated position paper on the "Clean Energy for all Europeans" package is now available.
EHPA believes that the ''package'' is a good tool to deliver on EU's Climate and energy objectives in an integrated way. On heating and cooling dimension, here are EHPA's key messages:
- The vision of a 100% decarbonised heating and cooling sector by 2050 needs to be enshrined in EU legislation.
- The energy market must be designed to accelerate the use of "2050-ready" thermal solutions.
- The "fuel switch" towards the use of renewable energy and waste heat must be accelerated.
- Efficient and renewable-based electrification of the heating/cooling sector must be promoted.
- Building-related policies must accelerate the use of "2050-ready" thermal solutions including in renovation.
- Energy policies must contribute to the awareness-raising on and the promotion of "2050-ready" thermal solutions.
Oliver JUNG, +32 486 35 29 01, email@example.com